Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Like many women, and especially as a small business owner: I juggle so many roles.  I run from business meetings to pick up my son from school, and right onto the soccer field many days!  Sometimes I find the back and forth roles challenging, but more and more I am gaining confidence in wearing many hats. 

Obviously one role I love is being Mom to my 6 year old son Christian.  I have to admit, I am not a perfect "shiny" mom, if you know what I mean.  My car is often a total disaster, my snacks for his class and parties are often store bought, and currently my idea of ironing is an extra cycle in the dryer.  But, I love my son and I love being his mom:)  This year was the first year I really felt like a "MOM" on Mother's Day, which was this past weekend.

I woke up to a treasure map Christian made for me, which led me on a hunt ending in a beautiful pink corsage as the treasure!  I got to stand up at Church with all the other moms, and so on and so forth:) It was exciting to really feel like a mom and my family made me feel really special.

I also celebrated by taking a full weekend off from work, which is really rare for me.  Saturday we went to my son's soccer game and had some great family time. Sunday, we went to a wonderful brunch at the South Bend Country Club and in the evening headed up to the beach at Lake Michigan.  We watched the sunset and played around a little bit, although it was still pretty chilly.  We also caught Kilwins (best ice cream parlor ever) right before they were closing, and enjoyed some delicious ice cream (my fave is cappuccino chocolate chip).

Here are some beautiful pictures I captured on the beach:)  I hope your Mother's Day was just as rewarding and peaceful as mine was!

my handsome hubby:)

Stephen and I with the sunset behind us.  Scarf from www.FlourishBoutique.com

Stephen and Christian playing on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment