Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Started: Why Blog at All?

There was a day and time, where I thought blogs were kind of crazy....something to do for those who had too much time on their hands you might say.  Or I thought they were good platforms for a business to market themselves and get their ideas out there on the web.  But, after following the blogs of some incredible people I admire (namely the blog of my church's pastor and the blog of a friend who struggled with the loss of a child and a journey through infirtility) I realized that blogs can in fact, be a great way to reach other people.  Perhaps your musings find the way into the life of someone just like yourself: who finds comradery and companionship in your similar journeys and thoughts.  Or, just maybe your blog and thoughts will be just what someone else needs to hear for encouragement.  Regardless, the point is that a blog is a way to stay connected or become connected with others, and I believe God intends us to be interconnected and share life with one another....so I figured, why not use the opportunity a blog provides to do just that?

The next question is what could I have to say?  Or what does my story have to offer others?  A few years ago, to be honest, probably not very much.  But through a series of events and through God's mercy I believe that my life journey has evolved such that I would love to tell it to others...and hope that God uses it for good.  And the reality is, I'm just in the first chapter of this journey...so unlike a coordinated novel, we'll be watching this story unfold together for better and for worse. It might be messy, as life tends to be sometimes, but I am so looking forward to telling you about how God is working through my life and in my business, Flourish, too!

Some of what I plan on sharing includes:  personal insights, funnny stories about family and life, business ideas and tips, fashion tips and ideas, personal trials, inspirational things, images I find beautiful and much much more....basically whatever I am thinking about, wondering about, working on, finding out, learning from God, and so on!  This will be the inside track on owning a boutique (that's my job which I love so much!), being a working mom, and a woman of faith!  Feel free to comment and share your thoughts etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment